© All rights reserved 2011 - 2018
Draycott Derbyshire www.draycottderbyshire.co.uk
Places of Worship in Draycott

St. Chad’s Church, Wilne.

St. Chad's church, the original parish church the village of Draycott, is a beautiful church set in a peaceful location next to St. Chad's Water on Wilne Road, Draycott, Derbyshire. It's seemingly isolated situation can be easily approached by car or a leisurely walk via Market Street and Wilne Road. The name Wilne means 'a clearing in the willows'. The beautiful St Chad’s Water, with its Orchid Wood Nature Walk, sits peacefully in a 12 acre Nature Reserve across the road from St Chad’s Church and is well worth a visit. A few hundred yards past the church is the site of Chemring Defence UK (previously PW Defence Ltd) which now occupies was formerly Haley and Weller who were formed in 1949 and whose primary product was fireworks, with a small amount of military pyrotechnics, that were sold under the Benwell name.  The earliest recorded association between the family name of Pain and gunpowder manufacture is Edmund Pain in 1593 although it is known that a John Pain preceded him. After the majority of the Benwell firework manufacture was moved away from the site in 1974 the company increased its manufacture of military pyrotechnics to the point that in 1987 the decision was made to divest the remainder of the Benwell fireworks business completely to allow the company to concentrate on the production of military pyrotechnics, which was seen to be the road to the Company’s future prosperity. After changing hands a few times the Company was bought by the Chemring Group in 1992. Renamed as PW Defence in 2000, a name that was deemed to reflect the company’s business activities more accurately, it again changed name to Chemring Defence UK Ltd upon its amalgamation in the newly formed Chemring Defence division.

St. Mary’s church, Draycott

Now established in a former Wesleyan Chapel on Victoria road, Draycott.

Draycott’s Methodist church

The chapel on the left was built in 1869, while the main body of the church was built in 1897. Draycott Methodist Church in Market Street has a hall available to small groups during the week.  If interested please contact 01332 287258 for further details.
Free Web Stats
© All rights reserved 2011 - 2018
Draycott Derbyshire www.draycottderbyshire.co.uk

St. Chad’s Church, Wilne.

St. Chad's church, the original parish church the village of Draycott, is a beautiful church set in a peaceful location next to St. Chad's Water on Wilne Road, Draycott, Derbyshire. It's seemingly isolated situation can be easily approached by car or a leisurely walk via Market Street and Wilne Road. The name Wilne means 'a clearing in the willows'. The beautiful St Chad’s Water, with its Orchid Wood Nature Walk, sits peacefully in a 12 acre Nature Reserve across the road from St Chad’s Church and is well worth a visit. A few hundred yards past the church is the site of Chemring Defence UK (previously PW Defence Ltd) which now occupies was formerly Haley and Weller who were formed in 1949 and whose primary product was fireworks, with a small amount of military pyrotechnics, that were sold under the Benwell name.  The earliest recorded association between the family name of Pain and gunpowder manufacture is Edmund Pain in 1593 although it is known that a John Pain preceded him. After the majority of the Benwell firework manufacture was moved away from the site in 1974 the company increased its manufacture of military pyrotechnics to the point that in 1987 the decision was made to divest the remainder of the Benwell fireworks business completely to allow the company to concentrate on the production of military pyrotechnics, which was seen to be the road to the Company’s future prosperity. After changing hands a few times the Company was bought by the Chemring Group in 1992. Renamed as PW Defence in 2000, a name that was deemed to reflect the company’s business activities more accurately, it again changed name to Chemring Defence UK Ltd upon its amalgamation in the newly formed Chemring Defence division.

St. Mary’s church, Draycott

Now established in a former Wesleyan Chapel on Victoria road, Draycott. Draycott’s Methodist church The chapel on the left was built in 1869, while the main body of the church was built in 1897.

Methodist Church

Draycott Methodist Church in Market Street has a hall available to small groups during the week.  If interested please contact 01332 287258 for further details.
 Places of Worship in Draycott